This story was originally published by the NSW Office of Finance & Services.
Registrations for .sydney domain names are now available to New South Wales residents and businesses. Over 2,000 names have been registered since the domain launched on 17 February 2015.
The opportunity to have a .sydney domain has introduced a fresh way for NSW Government departments to extend their online presence beyond the traditional .nsw.gov.au extensions.
NSW Government registrations include:
- bondi.sydney (Destination NSW)
- bus.sydney and buses.sydney (Transport for NSW)
- digital.sydney (Department of Trade & Investment, Regional Infrastructure & Services)
- graffiti.sydney (Department of Justice)
- healthy.sydney (NSW Health)
- picnics.sydney (Royal Botanical Gardens)
- weddingvenues.sydney (The Centennial Park and Moore Park Trust – Office of Environment & Heritage)
- vivid.sydney (Destination NSW)
There has also been Local Government interest.
Warringah Council has reserved northernbeaches.sydney and warringah.sydney and the Council of the City of Sydney has claimed whatson.sydney and nye.sydney.
“Registering a .sydney domain name offers individuals and brands a new and innovative way of doing business online in New South Wales”, said NSW Finance and Services Minister, Dominic Perrottet MP.